I love quotes, especially uplifting quotes that help me feel happy and inspired. I love to read them, share them, and display them in my home where I will see them and get an instant mood lifter. Here are some wonderful quotes about happiness.
1. “Happiness is like a kiss. You must share it to enjoy it.” ~Bernard Meltzer
2. “Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.” ~Victor Borge
3. “Our destiny is not determined by the number of times we stumble but by the number of times we rise up, dust ourselves off, and move forward.”
~Dieter F. Uchtdorf
4. “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.” ~Walt Disney
5. “I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may find myself. For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition.” ~Martha Washington
6. “For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. “If you want happiness for an hour — take a nap.
If you want happiness for a day — go fishing.
If you want happiness for a year — inherit a fortune.
If you want happiness for a lifetime — help someone else.”
8. “A hug is like a boomerang–you get it back right away.” ~Bil Keane
9. “Happiness does not depend on what happens outside of you but on what happens inside of you; it is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life.” ~Harold B. Lee
10. “It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about.” ~Dale Carnegie
11. “Laughter is an instant vacation.” ~Milton Berle
12. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” ~Mahatma Gandhi
13. “You can be wise and happy, or stupid and miserable.” ~Gordon B. Hinckley
14. When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.”
15. “Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.” ~Eskimo Proverb
16. “If you want to give light to others, you have to glow yourself.”
~Thomas S. Monson
17. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” ~Albert Schweitzer
18. “Life is a journey, and if you fall in love with the journey, you will be in love forever.” ~Peter Hagerty
19. “The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache.”
~Marjorie Pay Hinckley
20. “Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.” ~Denis Waitley
21. “Laugh about the past and dream about the future.” ~Rosemary M. Wixom
22. “What you create doesn’t have to be perfect. So what if the eggs are greasy or the toast is burned? Don’t let fear of failure discourage you.” ~Dieter F. Uchtdorf
23. “Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.” ~Marthe Troly-Curtin
24. “You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness.” ~Jonathan Safran Foer
25. “Happiness is like jam. You can’t spread even a little without getting some on yourself.” ~Vern McLellan
You may also like 20 Uplifting Quotes for Hard Times